Saturday, March 23, 2013

Review: Healthy Living Market & Cafe

www.healthylivingmarket.com

So, in perfect timing - just as I was complaining that Trader Joe's was not very close to us, I get a pleasant surprise this past Thursday. An organic grocery store opened in Saratoga Springs, and Thursday was the opening day! I went to check it out during my lunch hour, so I had a quick browse and grabbed an awesome lunch.

First, it is huge. It is so much bigger than Trader Joe's (or at least the one in Albany.) There were several aisles of groceries, fresh food, meat, seafood, bathroom supplies, vitamins, soap/perfume/skin care. Can we all take a moment and experience the excitement that I felt?! I was in heaven.

When you walk into the building this is the first site... and I was in awe...
This is literally rows of organic flour, polenta, grains, lentils, rice, etc. I literally just stood there and went "whoa" for a moment. Behind me were rows just as big of organic coffee beans and to the right is a table of spices, where you take what you would like out of containers.

Their fruit looked gorgeous - so fresh. Their prices were not very impressive, but really, I would not expect them to be cheap. It is hard to judge because it was their grand opening. I will definitely be making regular stops here to see what they have going on. We are actually going back tomorrow just to spend some more time there.

For lunch, I had a wrap made from spinach and filled with fresh mozzarella, portobella mushrooms, pesto and balsamic vinaigrette. It was delicious. I also bought chips made from Hummus, that were pretty awesome. Their salad bar looked good and fresh, also - but I did not get anything from there.

It is convenient that it is located in the mall,because there are really zero options until now of eating healthy at the mall. The prices for lunch were definitely reasonable.

They also offer cooking classes and learning opportunities that I will be looking at taking advantage of. I am so excited that they opened in Saratoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment